GRASS Source Code

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Thu Dec 2 03:16:01 EST 1993

> What are you going to do about the GRASS archive for us outer Internet
> (ie, non-MILNET) users when MILNET disallows "outside-in" connections,
> ie, from what I understand, I (being on SURANET) will no longer be able
> to ftp moon.  If you are unaware of these upcoming changes, I would
> suggest you inquire with your network manager.  I may too be mistaken
> on just what all is changing so correction would be most welcome.  I
> will not like to see ftp access to moon from non-MILNET sites!  :-(
>
> Mark

Hi there,

would someone care to elaborate on this? I have been able to connect to the
moon without problems (apart from the old dir/ls one :-( ) for the last two
years - from Germany (informatik.uni-kiel.de). Is this going to change?
When? Why? Does anyone know anything about this at all?

Confused,

Martin
--
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany
email: ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de