fonts and such

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Jul 28 12:44:37 EDT 1993

has anyone played extensively with fonts? What I am looking for is
perhaps a program that will display all positions (glyphs) in a
GRASS font.  If your a TeX fan, then I'm looking for something
similiar to testfont.tex.

Is the structure of the font files documented anywhere? If you have
intimate knowledge of the font formats, touch base with me offline.

I need to display equations in the GRASS monitor and I'd rather not do
something crazy like write a dvi previewer for GRASS. I may be able to
get by with writing one specialty font with the symbols that I need.

Thanks,
--Darrell

just for funzies, try this:
 d.font romans