please help

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:58:35 EDT 1993

Christine Weiss writes:

> I'm putting together a script for a self-running demo.  Would anyone be able to tell me the code for putting in a pause in the demo, and then having the demo resume when the space bar (or any other key) is pressed.  I know this code is just a few characte> rs long, I've seen it in someone else's code, but I can't track down that program.  Help!
>
> Thank you very much in advance,

Using bourne shell, I typically use something like this:

echo -n "Hit <return> to continue"
read input

The variable "input" can basically just be ignored in the rest of the program,
if desired.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159