Installing alternative Xdrivers

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at lut.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 09:35:36 EDT 1993

A beginner's X question:

We have a multiuser system here, with myself wanting to experiment with an
alternative Xdriver that I have pulled from the net. This situation eliminates
the possibility of my simply swapping the Xdrivers for a while, so I am trying
to decide upon a strategy which involves the least duplication of the exisiting
system. I expected to find that all of the display executables would involve
links to a nominated Xdriver, but the make files suggest this is not the case.
Where is the code that specifies the search path for the Xdriver?

--
Conn V Copas
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : +44 509 263171  ext 4164