Compiling under SOLARIS

Jim Pirzyk pirzyk at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Fri Jun 18 11:57:55 EDT 1993

In info.grass.programmer you write:

>I'm compiling GRASS under SOLARIS2.1, and I have problems with the XDRIVER.
>It compiles but when I run d.mon I get the following error message:
>ld.so.1: x0: can't find file libX11.so.4
>I assume that there is some sort of confusion between libX11.a and libX11.so.4, but how do
>I get around it?
>Does anyone know?
>I'm thankful for helpful hints!

I have compiled GRASS 4.1 under Solaris 2.2 and had no problems.  The only
things that I can think of that would be causing this problem would be:

1) Did you load the openwindows programmer's package?
2) Is LD_LIBRARY_PATH set properly? (I think that this is no longer a problem
    in Solaris 2.x and it could be in Solaris 1.x
3) A bug in the OS (Say it ain't so, Joe :)

- Jim

--
TAC & GrassNet System Administrator, US Army Corps of Engineers