4.1 compile failure: v.cutter

Greg Koerper greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Thu May 13 17:39:25 EDT 1993

Got the following errors compiling src.alpha/mapdev/v.cutter/table.c

rm -f OBJ.sun4/table.o
gcc -O2 -I/files/data/hydro/data2/grass4.1/src/mapdev/Vlib -I/files/data/hydro/data2/grass4.1/src/mapdev/diglib -I/files/data/hydro/data2/grass4.1/src/include  -c table.c
table.c:513: unterminated character constant
table.c:523: unterminated character constant
table.c:524: unterminated character constant
make: *** [OBJ.sun4/table.o] Error 1
GISGEN failure at STEP: src.alpha/mapdev/v.cutter

Here's what seems to be the fix:

/* following matrix commented out after compile error 930513 */
/*
#ifdef KARNAUGH_MAP

    A A    A1B1  |      0       |       0       |       1       |       1
    2 2          |              |               |               |
    B B    A1B2  |      0       |       1       |       0       |       1
    1 2          |              |               |               |
  ===============+==============+===============+===============+=============+
                 |              |               |               |
                 |      0       |   FLIP  B     |       0       |  Don't Care
    0  0         |              |               |               |
                 |              |               |               |
  ===============+==============+===============+===============+=============+
                 |              |               |               |
                 |  FLIP        |  Don't Care   |       0       |  Don't Care
    0  1         |    A and B   |               |               |
                 |              |               |               |
  ===============+==============+===============+===============+=============+
                 |              |               |               |
                 |  FLIP  A     |   FLIP  A     |               |  Don't Care
    1  0         |              |    (or B)     |  Don't Care   |
                 |              |               |               |
  ===============+==============+===============+===============+=============+
                 |              |               |               |
                 |              |               |               |
    1  1         |  Don't Care  |  Don't Care   |  Don't Care   |  Don't Care
                 |              |               |               |
                 |              |               |               |
  ===============+==============+===============+===============+=============+

#endif
*/      /* commented out 930513 after compile error */

Why the #ifdef fails here I do not know but is this the same error Dave
Gerders refers to later in the code??

/* There is a bug in the Sun compiler that it can't handle the
**  statements below.  Either that or I have a bug that I can't figger
*/

This comment follows the above #endif.  The code compiled after the
commenting was included.

greg

----- End Included Message -----