dig_misc directory - function?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Sep 8 18:20:54 EDT 1993

Greetings!
Just had a question posed to me that I couldn't truthfully answer (although I
can venture a guess!). What is the intended function of the dig_misc directory
that is created by programs such as g.copy under GRASS4.1? I don't find any
documentation in the 4.1 Programmer's Manual; we are guessing that is intended
for future features, such as a metadata file. We have noted that directories
with a vector layer name placed under dig_misc are recursively copied, as they
would be under cell_misc. Can anyone shed some light on this? Many thanks, as
always!
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159