r.poly : any BUGS ???

Davide Frisoni frisoni at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Apr 28 03:40:47 EDT 1994

Hello everyone,
recently I've used massively r.poly to extract nations contour, from the GLOBAL DB.
Normally there are no problem, but in such case I've not expected result (West
German,ex-DDR, USSR) and in one I had a core dump (Great Britain).
I've analyzed results and I discovered :
- core dump was verified in this case

               ____          ____
		   |________|
			    ^
			    |start poly

(geografical reference Northern Ireland).
- other cases are similar situations or 90 degree wise.

The same result I had with or without smoothing !

Bye.
                                                --FRY

    .  __
.'`' `'  \
|_/\    /     Davide Frisoni                      |  e-mail(internet):
    \  o|     Forschungsinstitut fuer anwendungs- |  frisoni at faw.uni-ulm.de
  _  |   \    orientierte Wissensverarbeitung-FAW |
 | |  \   \   Helmholzstr. 16                     |  Tel.:  +49-731-501.8626
 |_|   \   \  D-89081 Ulm, Germany                |  FAX:   +49-731-501.929
        | | \|
  ____ /_/
  \._/