SOILS5

Baxter E. Vieux vieux at quercus.ecn.uoknor.edu
Wed Feb 23 11:02:30 EST 1994

We are developing a program that reads the soils5 database and sets up the reclass
of a soils map into Green and Ampt infiltration parameters.

Does anyone in SCS or otherwise have a format description of the Soils5 data base.
We are pattern matching the soils name and retrieving % sand, clay, organic matter, etc
from the Soils5 files. Before we hard code the patterns, we want to check and see if
the text will always be in a certain format, e.g. upper or lower case, etc.

Thanks--
Baxter Vieux