problems with xdigit

Andreas Holz holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Wed Jan 5 06:18:44 EST 1994

Hello GRASS-Programmers,

        I need Your help!

        I followed GRASS-lists an I saw, there are
        other peoples with the same problem.

        Compiling xdigit on LINUX with MOTIF 1.2.2 is well,
        but xdigit crashes.

        The problem is located in xcolors.c in the
        function make_colors_menu, the MOTIF funtion
        XmGetPixmap and the Xt function XtCreateManagedWidget.

        I got the foloowing error message:

        X Error of failed request: BadValue(integer parameter out of range
                                           for operation)
        Major opcode of failed request: 53 (X_CreatePixmap)
        Value in failed request: 0x0
        Serial number of failed request: 413

  I debugged xdigid so far, and XmgetPixmap seems to return a value, but
        nevertheless XtCreateManagedWidget crashes.

        I'm not the only person with this problem and it is not onle a problem
        of LINUX, see:

                pklin at cerf.net                  xdigit          PC 486 USL SVR4.2 with X11R5
                rgp at aberfoyle.oz.au             xdigit          Sun OS 4.1.3  Sparc 10

        Who is the developer of xdigit, xcolor.c?
        Who can help us?
        Are there know differences between MOTIF 1.1 and MOTIF > 1.2, esp. in XmGetPixmap?

        Many Thanks...