grass4.1-d.mon-X emulation problem

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Thu Jan 20 14:22:52 EST 1994

> Hi!
>
> I'm using a PC with a program for X emulation to use
> an IBM RS6000 remotely. Everything works fine but
> grass4.1.
> When I enter d.mon start=x0 I get the following uggly message:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
>   Serial number of failed request:  49
>
> It's not a grass error, it's an X error but ...
> any help there?
>
> Agus

Agus,

We have played with some of these types of software packages.  We have
seen these types of messages primarily when using a package through
Microsoft Windows.  Our problems were related to not having enough
colors available for the grass graphics monitor to start.
We had to change display modes in windows for some packages while others
it was only a matter of changing a parameter within the software
package itself.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov