MSS tape format

Dr. A.R. Palmer plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
Fri Jul 8 01:58:59 EDT 1994

Glenn C. Kroeger writes:

> I have been offered some MSS data on Exabyte cartridges in LGSOWG format. Will
> i.tape.mss read this format?
>
> Any ideas or info would be welcomed!
>
> Thanks,
Use m.examine.tape to explore the structure of the tape.  Once this is
done, and you know a) the number of files on the tape, the size of the
files etc, and b) the structure (BIL or BSQ), you can use i.tape.other
to extract the relevant sections.  I have had no joy with i.tape.mss
with LGSOWG format.
Tony Palmer

--
Dr A.R. (Tony) Palmer | Roodeplaat Grassland |Tel: Intl-27-461-22638
Principal Agricultural| Institute            |Fax: Intl-27-461-22398
Researcher            | PO Box 101           |e-mail:plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
                      | 6140 Grahamstown     |
                      | South Africa         |