graphics monitor status?

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sun Jun 19 14:01:43 EDT 1994

What's the future look like for the grass monitor?

As most have noticed (or will be noticing), performance
of the XDRIVER under Solaris is marginally acceptable.
This is due to the way that named pipes are implemented
in Sun's version of SVR4.

The Message Queue mods by Ronald Wiemer seem to work well,
but I believe that it makes other facilities (CELL Driver)
unusable (if this is not right, please correct me).

Are any official changes to the XDRIVER forthcoming?
Is anyone else working on unofficial changes?

Just curious.

-d