multi-user changes to grass

Laxmi Prasad Musunur mlp at forestry.auburn.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:09:16 EST 1994

Anthony:

Please correct me if I missed something.
If you would like the users to store data sets in theirs home
directories, all you need to do is create new locations in their
home directories. Now, if there's a mapset all the users should be
able to access, create a symbolic link for PERMANENENT in their location
to  the mapset of interest!

e.g. All the work that I do (e.g. maps etc that I create) is available to
rest of our users under their PERMANENT mapset.  Any files that they create
would be stored under their $LOCATION/MAPSET in their home dirs.

PERMANENT -> /home/mlp/grass4.0/myimagery-u/mlp

--
Laxmi P. Musunur (LP) School of Forestry, Auburn University,
AUBURN AL 36849	E-mail:  mlp at forestry.auburn.edu