Problem with graph monitor when many grass users on one computer

Hans Hauska hans at fmi.kth.se
Thu Mar 17 06:54:46 EST 1994

I have recently installed Grass4.1 on a Convex C3220.
Everything seems to work fine, except that the graphic
monitors get hung when I run whole labgroups with
10-13 X-terminals.
I tried to duplicate the XDRIVER and attach only up to 4
monitors to each copy of the driver, but unsuccessful.
Is there anybody who has experience in running simultaneous
ten grass sessions from one computer?
All suggestions are welcome.

Hans Hauska				e-mail: hans at fmi.kth.se
Div of geoinformatics 			voice: +46-8-790 7341
Dept of geodesy and photogrammetry      fax:   +46-8-790 6610
Royal Inst of Technology
S-100 44 STOCKHOLM
Sweden