bilinear interpolation

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue May 31 18:56:50 EDT 1994

Greg Koerper (greg at dubious.cor2.epa.gov) writes on 31 May 94:
>Has anyone coded a bilinear interpolator for GRASS?

for sampling rasters at sites:
ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass/s.sample.tar.gz
(also does nearest neighbor and cubic convolution)

These methods should probably worked into r.resample.
For anyone wanting to take on the task and/or for those
unfamiliar with the terms, there's a little tutorial
that comes with the source code (above) that describes
just what I mean by bilnear and cubic convolution
interpolation.

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley
** will finish PhD/engr in 9/94 - need job. inquiries welcome (no hh, plz) **
** Personal WWW page URL ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/me.html **