Installing Grass for Solaris

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 04:43:27 EDT 1994

Hi Ken,

/usr/openwin/lib is indeed the correct path at my site, and the variable has
been exported correctly using the .grassrc file, but I see no difference in
the way XDRIVER handles monitor status (ie, it can't do a d.mon -L, and once
their status is lost it can't display them any more). This couldn't have anything to do with my running grass in ksh, could it? Perhaps if you or
someone else could explain the locking mechanism to me, I could figure out
why these monitors can't be used anymore. Should I remove the $GISBASE/locks
stuff and/or the .gislock file?

Confused,

		Martijn van Leusen