Linux Install Problem

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Tue Oct 4 17:05:26 EDT 1994

> Did you ever get this problem sorted out ? I have a similar problem as below
>

>  Grass.start
> /proj/ice/MODELS/Grass.alpha/axp/etc/lock: /home/northwind/dunnj/.gislock: Read-only file system
> Unable to properly access /home/northwind/dunnj/.gislock
> Please notify system personel.
>

> Do you have any leads on how I rectify this.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jeremy

I have only seen this one time.  When the .gislock file is in one
person's home directory, but is owned by someone else.  The .gislock
file should go away when you exit GRASS.  If it does not then remove
it before attempting to restart GRASS.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS/NCG		"Hell, if you understand everything I say,
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov   you'd be me!"  - Miles Davis