R_text()

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Oct 13 06:40:41 EDT 1994

Srin (srin at brcsun0.tamu.edu) writes on 5 Oct 94:
>I have been using R_text() to display text on the screen.
>With SUN OS 4.1.3 and grass4.0 and grass4.1 it worked fine.
>Now I am using Solaris 2.3 and grass4.1, the text is not displaying.
>I also tried with d.text program in grass4.1 which uses the same R_text()
>to display text on the graphics window, it does not work either.
>ANy ideas what I might be doing wrong here.

not quite sure, but I've put a short test program on
ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass/d.texttest.tar.gz
that write "hello world" in the middle of your display.

works under solaris 2.3/X11R5/grass4.1.

You might try working from it.

(s.semivar uses R_text() a lot and it works fine too)

--Darrell