No subject

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Sep 5 17:58:07 EDT 1994

N.Tate at xgate.uea.ac.uk, tbara at ncdc.noaa.gov, greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov,
lobo at Jasper.Stanford.EDU, hertz at geog.psu.edu, rogche at ce.kth.se,
hnw at mtqgrass.ESD.ORNL.GOV, kmoloney at iastate.edu, caa at noaacrd.Colorado.EDU,
hofierka at devin.fns.uniba.sk, tokola at gis.joensuu.fi, amante at grouse.pnl.gov,
kdr at dina.kvl.dk
Bcc: mccauley
Subject: s.semivar - Semivariogram modeling for GRASS

s.semivar is a GRASS sites program for exploratory analysis and
semivariogram modeling of one variable in R^2. I am again soliciting
for beta testers from GRASS users. If you are interested, drop me a
note (so I can keep you informed of changes) and grab the source code
from:

ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass/semivar.tar.gz

Darrell

P.S.: *Please* send me email if you would like to be informed
of changes. I will be compiling a new list of beta testers,
so if I don't hear from you, you will not have any more
notices about s.semivar sent directly to you.

P.P.S: This is version 0.14B <05 Sep 1994>. Changes since
version 0.09B <24 Aug 1993> include:
  added manual model fitting (like Geo-EAS).
  added Mitas/Mitasova's radial basis function.
  added several plotting abilities, including
    a "crude" surface plot (for exploratory purposes) and
    normal and lognormal probability plots.
    scaling of h-scatterplots fixed (ranges).
The plan is to get this software ready for testing
in the next version of GRASS, so any feedback from
beta testers regarding functionality and/or documentation
will be valued. A non-GRASS version is planned for
sometime down the road...

--
James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley