Digitizer problem.

GREGOR E FELLERS u2is9gef at gregsun.crrel.usace.army.mil
Thu Jun 29 08:00:00 EDT 1995

I apoligize if this question is not appropriate for this
group but I guess this is the only form of support left. CERL
and Rutgers can not seem to agree on who provides what
support.

Anyway, any thoughts on the following will be appreciated.

I have have an altek 30 digitizer attached to ttya port on
a Sun workstation. using kermit on the workstation I can talk
to the digitizer with no problem. I can set the format, set
the mode etc etc. Also I can digitize points and receive the data.
works bi-directional with no sweat.

I followed theGrass4.1 install including the digcap stuff and
the permisions on /dev/ttya.

However the v.digit program seems to ignore the digitizer. I put
a terminal on the ttya port inplace of the digitizer and verified
that grass does in fact send a "V (request for point)" . I
know that the digitizer returns data from the kermit test above, but
don't know what grass does with it.