Kiel GRASS ftp site

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Mon Nov 6 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hi there,

I have taken advantage of better connections over the weekend to update
my 'near mirror' of the moon. The site is

ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de/pub/packages/grass

and it contains most of the things on the moon. Things I don't have:
- binaries (sorry, no space)
- the grass4.0/updates tree (mainly because I don't think anyone needs it
  any more. If people see the need, I'll see what I can do next weekend)
- some _really_ big things on incoming

The organization is very similar to the original one on moon, with a couple
of exceptions
- main sources are arranged by subdirectories
- some documentation and data files are under grass4.1 rather than under
  grass4.0
- the mailing list archives have a subject index
- many things are gzipped rather than compressed

Judging from the transfer statistics, people seem to find this site
somewhat useful. If anyone can give me a pointer to flexible mirroring
software so that I can automate updates (it's done by hand at the moment :-( ),
I'd be most interested.

Have fun,  Martin
--
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany
email: ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de