10/10 -- A Day in the Life of Cyberspace (http://www.1010.org/)

Bits bits at tenten-mail.1010.org
Sun Oct 8 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi,

I saw your email address on a web page and thought you might be
able to help us. We're looking for on-line pioneers to help us
capture a global portrait of life in the new, digital renaissance.

On 10/10 the Media Lab is hosting "A Day in the Life of Cyberspace."
We are trying to find people whose lives have been touched deeply
by digital media and the Net:
  - kids, teachers, families, newlyweds, pets on the Web;
  - people in war-torn areas like Bosnia or Tibet
    who can stay in touch with humanity because of the Net;
  - the youngest and oldest users
  - people in every country on earth,
  - astronauts in orbit (we will link to the
    space shuttle on 10/10 if the launch proceeds)
  - ....
For instance, my Aunt Min is 80 and has her checkup every month by
holding a telephone to her chest: the remote computer diagnoses
her pacemaker!  Or, during the riots in Tiananmen Square, real news
reached the outside world first through e-mail networks.  The Pope's
mass on 10/8 will be "cybercast" into the Web.

If you can help contribute to this, by sending pictures, sounds,
or words, or if you know someone who might, please browse
http://www.1010.org/.

You can also send mail to info at 1010.org for an automatic help
response (Tell it: "send description" for a longer explanation).

By the way, keep watching the web site for daily changes--with real
surprises on the 10th!

Please help spread the word!

Thanks,

         - Steve