How to create Xmonitors > 512x512 (question)

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi,
determining the size and position of your monitor at grass startup is easy.
Look at the file .grassrc in your $HOME directory - it sets various parameters
for the current session of Grass. Add the following lines:
XDRIVER_WIDTH: 1024
XDRIVER_HEIGHT: 1024
XDRIVER_TOP: 100
XDIVER_LEFT: 50
save the file, start grass, start a monitor, and you'll see one of the
specified size appear with its top left corner at the specified position
(unless your screen is too small, in which case the monitor will be placed
as far to the bottom right as it will go).
To save myself typing, I've made several copies of .grassrc, each with a
different monitor size specified, which I call through a script.

Martijn van Leusen