Questions on d.display and d.colors

Pan Daiyan daiyuanp at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Fri Jul 12 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hi everyone!

I just installed grass and had two problems.

1. I am working on a NCD X-terminal. When I entered the command "d.display"
and clicked on the graphic window, the color of the background of the
screen and all other windows changed, meantime the color in the graphic
window was normal, but when I clicked on other windows, the colors of the other

windows restored but the color of the graphic window is abnormal.

2.When I ran d.colors, the color on the grass graphic window didn't
change. I read the manual and knew that some monitors may not support an
interactive color change capability. But when I first ran d.display and
clicked on the bar "color interact" and then changed the colors,  I found
the color on the graphic window can interactively change.

I appreciated your help.

Daiyuan Pan