Labeling Areas-Part 2

Leslie Apollon la at las.com
Tue Feb 3 07:00:00 EST 1998

At 12:12 PM 2/3/98 -0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>       I'm reposting this message because I got some major problems with my
>mail server and my Linux box (and I have lot of messages not delivered
>for a couple of months).
>
>       Sorry if this message is being repeated or quite out of date.
>
>       Adalberto

Hello.

you could work directly on a dig_ascii file, with the following command
line (usind the sed command on unix:

sed 's/L  /A  /' Your_dig_ascii_file > the_new_file

this will replace the L<space><space> sequence in your file by a
A<space><space> sequence. Including the spaces will prevent any operations
on the header section of your file. The "A" will indicate that the lines
are part of an area. Note that you need to have an attribute file in the
format:
A coord coord  attribute
in order to create the correct topology.

-------------------
dig_ascii (line) file format:

ORGANIZATION: ESRI    DLG DATA - CHARACTER
DIGIT DATE:   1988
DIGIT NAME:   grass
MAP NAME:     Output from Patch.vect
MAP DATE:     1988