Dividing vector-line into parts with equal length

Andreas Paukner-Ruzicka E.A.Ruzicka at T-Online.de
Tue Feb 24 07:00:00 EST 1998

Hello !
I have a digitised river-system and want to establish a mileage-classification.
With which GIS-Software or GIS-tool is this possible ?
I know that ARC/INFO can manage routes which I can classify into parts of
equal length. The problem is that I haven't got any access to an ARC/INFO-
machine.
I got the following GIS-packages ready to use:
ARC/VIEW, GRASS, IDRISI, AutoCAD Map

Can I solve my problem with one of these packages ?
Which PD, Freeware, Shareware or effordable Software tool is able to do
this job ?
I would prefer a solution by using GRASS, because my data is already
in GRASS vector format.

Many thanks in advance !

Andreas

G e o D a t a P l a n
Geoinformatik, IT-Consulting, Ecological planning
Andreas Paukner-Ruzicka, Schweitzerweg 3, D-82380 Peissenberg
Tel: 08803-60424, Fax: 08803-60486
eMail: gdp.geoinformatik at t-online.de
Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/gdp.geoinformatik