importing raster files from Idrisi4.0 for DOS

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Fri Jan 30 07:00:00 EST 1998

Some time ago I transferred some 8-bit (less than 256 categories) files from
GRASS to IDRISI by uncompressing the GRASS cell file and renaming it with
the IDRISI extension .img. The reverse should also work. Put the IDRISI file
in the cell directory in GRASS, then run r.support and indicate that the
file is not compressed. Fill in the information on rows and columns, etc.

Jim Schmidt
GIS Instructor
Columbia College
Sonora, California