[GRASS5] GRASS on parallel CPUs

Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu
Wed Apr 26 10:42:18 EDT 2000

Hi all,

True parallel processing will need a rewrite of the libes as Markus
points out.  However, we have a version of Sun Workshop that
*supposedly* will optimize for parallel processors without major
re-working of the code.  I'll dig into  this and see.  If so, we'll load
it up in the next day or so and give  it a try.  We've got a multi-proc
server we can test on (Solaris 7).

If anyone's interested in working with this, let me know.

Bruce

--
Bruce Byars
GRASS Dev. Team