[GRASS5] GRASS on parallel CPUs

John Huddleston jhuddles at rocky.itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Wed Apr 26 10:02:00 EDT 2000

Markus,

I have ported code for both the Cray and the Paragon
and in both cases modification of the code was required.
Now if a native compiler such as for Solaris or Hp/Ux
can do this automatically in the compile stage, then great.
In fact now that multiple CPUs are becoming cheaper
and less expensive to maintain, native compilers may
come about in several years to address this automatically.

John Huddleston