[GRASS5] What is ESRCH?

Roberto FLOR flor at itc.it
Mon Apr 17 10:50:25 EDT 2000

> Hi developers,
>
> due to user's request I found the following problem:
>
> The C-code defines ESRCH in some files:
>
> src/libes/raster > grep ESRCH *
> io.c:    return errno != ESRCH;
> new_io.c:    return errno != ESRCH;
>
> but a few compiler do not know this "ESRCH".
> How can I help/change ESRCH to some value?
>
> Regards
>
>    Markus

> length: 855
> max: 0

It's from the system include errno.h,
the error code for No such process.

Under SunOs, Solaris, Linux, Digital Unix it's defined as:

#define ESRCH   3       /* No such process                      */

It's looks like more a system misconfiguration than a compiler problems.

Regards

	Roberto Flor			E-mail: flor at itc.it
					Phone: +39 0461 314 444
	I.T.C. - I.R.S.T.