[GRASS5] nviz removal

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 29 13:14:07 EDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:10:19PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> thanks for helping with this important issue.
>
> Markus and I got a first response from Helena per email now.
> I will answer later today and post more details.

Helena told me that she and Bill are in a state of transition.
As the license of nviz predates the first real GRASS license (the GPL)
they need some time to think about what to do.
Furthermore she hopes to have a GRASS compliant nviz soon.
This is good news as we are now making some progress.

I wrote back and stressed the importance of the problem, because it is
illegal to use GRASS with nviz right now.  That officially means that
we cannot distribute nviz binaries without violating the GRASS license.

We should give them some time to react and come clear on the nviz
license, though.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)