[GRASS5] Re: CELL driver problems.

Jack Cummings jack at mudshark.org
Mon Aug 21 15:29:11 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:07:39PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > 1) I have to wait about 10-30 seconds after doing a d.mon stop=CELL before
> >    the raster D_cell appears.

> This is o.k. as the CEll file has to be written (could be many MB!).

Hmm. It would be nice for scripting if d.mon blocked until it finished
writing. If I don't put a sleep 30 after the d.mon stop=CELL, then
I get "raster not found" when I do a g.region rast=D_cell

> > 2) I get lots of black horizontal lines across the images.

> This is bad!

> Which GRASS version do you use?

I can do it on 5 beta 8 and 4.2.21 ( 4.2.1? )

Take a look at

http://mudshark.org/~jack/tmp/111-1-0613-big.jpg
http://mudshark.org/~jack/tmp/111-1-0613.jpg

Only difference is the size of the image.

The stripes happened on a few of the smaller maps, too, redefining the
region got rid of them.

--Jack

--
John ( Jack ) Cummings                     http://mudshark.org/jack
Key fingerprint: 945A 89EB CA2D 6D93 7F15  5C97 1028 194E 5E7A 62DD