[GRASS5] Other vectors colors

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Aug 21 06:54:29 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 12:02:49PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> fpacheco at adinet.com.uy wrote:
>
> > We don't know how -please tell me how- to add more colors to vectors
> > maps -red, blue, ...- then I modifyed the source code of d.vect to use
> > RGB. It's very simple but It works. I send to you de source code
> > (d.vect.rgb).
> > I'll modify the source code of the d.dm command to work with this comand
> > then my users can use it.
> > I'm working on a graphic interface PostgreSQL-GRASS like the d.dm and a
> > Visual SQL designer.  Fernando.
>
> I think that we should not add new d.vect.* modules if possible.
> We have already d.vect, d.vect.cats, d.area. It would be better
> to merge all into one module d.vect instead of adding d.vect.rgb,
> d.area.cat, d.area.rgb, d.dot, d.dot.cat, d.dot.rgb.
I agree.

> My suggestion for rgb colors is:
>
> 1. Write function D_translate_color_rgb (char *color, int *r, int *g,
> int *b)
>    where input color could be: red or 255000000 or 1.000.000.00
>    (or 255_0_0, 255-0-0, 255-- or something similar)
>
> 2. Rewrite display modules from:
>
>     color = D_translate_color();
>     R_standard_color(color) ;
>
>    to:
>
>     D_translate_color_rgb (opt2->answer, &r, &g, &b);
>     R_RGB_color ( r,g,b);

Radim,
I have patches from Pierre for an RGB-change for *all* display
modules and the patch for the display library. I will send it
to you personally. It was for GRASS 5 beta6. Unfortunately Pierre
seems to have stopped his support. I would be sad, if his work
gets lost.

Perhaps you can take a look at it? Should be almost ready!

Markus