[GRASS5] Severe bug in r.mapcalc!! [raghavan@media.osaka-cu.ac.jp: Bugreport GRASS 5]

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Aug 20 09:22:04 EDT 2000

Hi Markus ,

i could verify the problem on Intel/x86 and the absence of the problem
on SGI/MIPS (IRIX) (32bit system).

I suspect that this is a big-endian/little-endian related problem. But i
could be wrong. Would be interesting to get test results from other
platforms (PPC, SPARC, Alpha, HP PA-RISC etc.).

Are there any hints on where to look for the problem (library used,
files written)?

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 09:59:15AM -0500, Bill Brown - staff wrote:
> >
> >  r.mapcalc test=-129
> >
> > This works OK on my IRIX machine.  As with other negative
> > numbers, it's stored using a full 4-byte int (in cellhd file,
> > "format: 3").  Do other negative numbers work OK?
>
> Thanks for testing. Obviously yes (on Linux):
>
> r.mapcalc test=-128
> EXECUTING test = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR test
> range: -128 -128
>
>  -> o.k.
>
> GRASS:~ > r.mapcalc test=-129
> EXECUTING test = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR test
>
>  -> NULL!!!
>
> GRASS:~ > r.mapcalc test=-130
> EXECUTING test = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR test
> range: -130 -130
>
>  -> o.k.
>
> This is a very strange error.
>
> Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net