[GRASS5] Purpose of XDRLIB

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Aug 3 06:36:58 EDT 2000

Hello all

In trying to compile the binaries for SGI I noticed that my linker (ld) does
not use the XDRLIB for resolving anything for many modules and the modules seem
to link fine (ie there are no link errors of undefined symbols). Is this the
case for other platforms? Why is it included in so many modules that don't seem
to need it? Or does SGI provide the functionality in another library?

Any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center