[GRASS5] building grass for cygwin with GL and tcl/Tk

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Dec 28 16:50:55 EST 2000

To Grass list,

To those interested in using the tcl/tk and openGL sections
of Grass with Cygwin (under NT/2000), you can get the
ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin/xfree/contrib/
sgi-opengl.tar.bz2 for the GL work.  Plus, tcl/tk does
comes with Cygwin; however, it is libtk80.a and the
configure script wants libtk8.0.a   You can create a
symbolic link in the /usr/lib directory as follows:

ln -s libtk8.0.a libtk80.a

I am building on a clean platform so I will send more
details as I find them.

John Huddleston, P.E.
PhD Student
Colorado State University