[GRASS5] overwriting

Helena Mitasova - staff helena at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 20 11:13:57 EST 2000

>I don't know wether this should be considered as bug or feature, but in
>v.db.reclass and in v.to.rast (presumably also in other modules), I get no
>warning when I overwrite an existing map. In terms of user-friendliness, this
>might be a problem.

as far as I know many modules don't warn you (except r.mapcalc and some others)
so it would be quite a bit of work to add it, but it should be done - Markus,
maybe you should put it into the TO DO list so that developers know about it
and as modules are enhanced/updated this feature can be added

helena