[GRASS5] compiling beta10 on IRIX and CYGWIN/WIN32

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Dec 11 06:47:17 EST 2000

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:07:58PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
[...]
> GRASS5.0beta10:
>
> IRIX:
> g.version has double \n's (fix is on the way)
O.k.

> gis_set.tcl: -state disabled instead of -state disable
Can't see that. Seems to be fixed.

> gis_set.tcl: string compare -nocase: not supported
> although this is supported from tk8.2 on, it is not
> ok to use this if we claim tk8.0 compatibility.
This might be done by Justin (hi!).

> when converting the man pages:
> many error messages with awf formatter:
> . DE not available (or such)
Hi Michel?

> g.manual from tcltkgrass:
> Illegal option -- P
> Usage: man ...
> g.manual entries=d.area -f:
> Usage:
>  g.manual .....
As g.manual is a script now, the *order* of parameters will be
important. Two possible solutions:

1. change g.manual to accept the flags at *any* place (hi Huidae!)
2. change tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl to add flags in correct place

> this is all messed up, rman: please do not ask the user to install
> something from within Usage info. This will confuse "ordinary" users.
>
> CELL driver seems to work on IRIX in latlon. (colors sometimes incorrect)
> in spearfish/UTM the intermittend white lines still appear.
>
> r.mapcalc:
> couldn't reproduce the behaviour Anantha Prasad reported.
> This BUG is gone.
Removed from BUGS.

> The problem with the reduce/reduce conflicts on compiling
> can IMHO be ignored, as the output of the parser is parsed again
> with a C program. To my knowledge the parser is ok and
> i know of no errors.
> This is the same with r3.mapcalc.
Removed from BUGS.

> r.in.png does not work
> (r.out.png, then r.in.png with this image gives me a totally white
> raster on IRIX). r.stats says: 100% * (NULL)
Maybe we just concentrate on r.in.gdal and add the GDALlib to GRASS sources.

> r.in.tiff on IRIX:
> r.in.tiff [1591] - out of logical swap space during exec - see swap(1M)
> killed.
> argh, i have 128 MB RAM and another 128 M RAM swap.
> Must be some sort of segfault. This happens when invoking only
> r.in.tiff, without any arguments!
As far as I know Eric is working on that.

> wrong order of libs: $(MATHLIB) in
> src.garden/answers/src.answers/display/d.lingraph/cmd/Gmakefile
fixed.

> src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile
Fixed.

> CYGWIN:
> grass5
> /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: not found
> does not start with and without any commandline flag (-text, -tcltk etc.)
> COMPLETELY BROKEN NOW!
Hi Justin! :-) Seems to be a problem in src/general/init/Gmakefile.

> GENERAL:
>
> g.help:
> PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN: doesn't work on every terminal.
> E. g. on IRIX it is broken.
> This needs to take the termcap into account. It is not possible
> to hardcode the keycodes into the program.
Volunteers? I have no idea about termcap, sorry.

> t.roads.inf from spearfish database is broken/wrong format.
> no cat support (informix db?)
Maybe we remove this from spearfish? It will be informix related.

> tests that i performed:
> for f in `g.mlist type=rast` ; do
>   d.erase white
>   echo "plotting $f"
>   d.rast $f
>   sleep 2
> done
> and with d.vect, d.area, d.site etc.
Sorry, can't follow. You tested all display modules by that?

Regards

 Markus