[GRASS5] Some Bugs

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Dec 11 03:17:34 EST 2000

Okay, So I got around to installing libgeotiff and libgdal, so I could
try r.in.gdal.  Well, it incorrectly identifies the projection.  I think
the problem may be related to some of the projection info functions
since I subsequently discovered all of the files I had been working with
in a particular dataset have:

proj: 1
zone: 0

When the zone *should* be 10.  And the projection should be whatever the
correct number is for UTM.  I verified this problem by generating a
raster using r.surf.random in a dataset have a PROJ_INFO of:

name: UTM
datum: nad83
dx: 0.000000
dy: 0.000000
dz: 0.000000
proj: utm
ellps: GRS80
a: 6378137.0000000000
es: 0.0066943800
f: 298.2572221010
zone: 10

However, the cellhd file for the raster reads:

proj:       1
zone:       0
north:      4000000
south:      3999000
east:       501000
west:       500000
cols:       100
rows:       100
e-w resol:  10
n-s resol:  10
format:     -1
compressed: 1

We definitely need to track down and correct this before a final
release.  I find it suspicious that the PROJ_INFO file in this
location has "proj: utm" instead of a number.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>