[GRASS5] GRASS 5beta9 sources published

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 6 13:24:45 EST 2000

Hi all,

it's done :-)
After fixing another Makefile.in bug detected by Huidae Cho and
updating the src/CMD/VERSION the sources are tagged as

GRASS 5 beta 9: tagged as "release_grass5beta9_6_december_2000"

To checkout a specific tagged version, run:
cvs -z3 co -r "release_grass5beta9_6_december_2000" grass

For your convenience you (the binary builders) may download
the source package from here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/

Dear developers, this is another moment to say "thank you"
for all your work on GRASS! I am still impressed about the
speed of development. It looks for a prosperous year 2001
for the next major release of GRASS. The finalizing of the
5.0stable should be "a snap" comparing to the work already
done in 2000!

GRASS GIS has been pushed forward and attracts already many
new users. Hope we will continue to follow this road.

Kind regards

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology