[GRASS5] init.sh.new

GRASS grass at geni.knu.ac.kr
Wed Dec 6 01:46:50 EST 2000

From: Justin Hickey <jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th>
> GRASS wrote:
> > I don't know why you pointed 8.3.2 or 8.4a2. Does init.sh.new work
> > with another version?
>
> I didn't check carefully (that's why I said it appeared to do this) but
> my first glance at your script seemed to me that it detected things like
> wish followed by a digit followed by . followed by a digit. This does
> not match 8.3.2 or 8.4a2. If your script does match these then please

Oops! I got it. Yes, my script won't work at all with these. :-(

> accept my apologies. It was my fault for not carefully looking at the
> code. Regardless, my point was that it is difficult to match version
> numbers since they can change format at the discretion of the
> developers. In fact, I am totally lost for an explanation of why Tcl/Tk
> does not install to just tclsh and wish.

Most of OS's which use non-standard names want to use various versions of
Tcl/Tk depending on so many scripts.

> > OK, we should change tcl/tk scripts to use GRASS_TCLSH and GRASS_WISH > env vars and add comments to SUBMITTING about this.
> >
> >         exec tclsh "$0" "$@"    =>      exec $GRASS_TCLSH "$0" "$@"
> >         exec wish "$0" "$@"     =>      exec $GRASS_WISH "$0" "$@"
> >
> > Do you agree with this?
>
> >From your other post:
> > Hmm, it's somewhat strange. isn't it?
> >
> > So, let users just use "alias". Then we don't need change anything.
>
> Ahh yes, alias seems fine to me. I will include it in the error message.
> Thanks for your input!

An aliased command can not be found using current code :-(
I just applied GRASS_TCLSH and GRASS_WISH vars.

Yours,
Huidae Cho