[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Dec 6 01:29:43 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 06:07:51PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:58:14PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Hi again,
> > >
> > > I have added the missing code now in "configure" (taken from an
> > > autoconf/configure run). Please check if o.k.
> > >
> > Sorry to write again.
> >
> > On Solaris I get:
> > creating Makefile
> > sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> > creating src/CMD/head/head
> > sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> > creating src/scripts/shells/create_fifos.sh
> > sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> > creating src/include/config.h
> >
> > On Linux it expands o.k. (with updated src/CMD/head/head.in).
> >
> > I have no clue for that! Might be the dot forbidden in
> > s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> >              ^-?
> > on Solaris/sed?
> >
> > If so we should remove the VERSION from configure.
> >
> One more from Solaris:
>
> The NAME_VER doesn't work on SUN either:
> It is expanded to:
> NAME_VER            = -n 5
>
> On linux no problem.
>
> I propose to keep the old method to get VERSION and NAME_VER in Makefile.in
> for the beta9 release (simple revert in Makefile.in and removeal of sed
> expansion on configure[.in]). We have some more time for the stable version
> to get the new approach working.

Markus, the GISBASE needs NAME_VER to be /usr/local/grass5 by default.
I thought putting these things in configure was to easiest way to
propagate them.  As far as the "-n 5", guess the -n option to echo isn't
recognized (should still work okay without it I think).  I'm not sure
where that earlier sed problem you mention is coming from.  For the most
part, I took the sed scripts from Makefile.in verbatim.  I think it's
not too big of a deal to get these fixed up pretty quick....

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>