Fwd: Re: [GRASS5] New MacOS X compilation errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Dec 5 17:45:13 EST 2000

Hi all,

> Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:18:04AM -0800, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > Hi Jeshua,
> > >
> > > please
> > > cvs update src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> > > cd src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> > > gmake5
> > >
> > > and send the errors. Please add, if the references to

I got the XDRIVER compiled!  I figured out what caused the problem.  The XDRIVER instructions said to run ranlib *.a on the lib which is what caused the problems!

> > I just updated the entire tree and In order to compile connect.c, I had to move
> connect.c.orig to connect.c. The errors I got were a bunch of messages like
> "connect.c:73: illegal expression, found `<<'"  (I have a hunch that it is checked out
> our something...).
> >
> > I got some errors  about malloc and realloc, so I deleted line 1369 in SWITCHER.c to get it
> working.

What should I do about this?  Eric recommend against deleting the line, I do not now what else to do.

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com