[GRASS5] detri license clarified (new hope for geom)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 5 04:29:03 EST 2000

Hi Guys,

after a couple of weeks of discussion the license and code issues
of libes/geom code, I have refined the findings saved in
grass/src/libes/geom/README

Here is the main part:

| Ernst is the principal author of detri, which includes lia, sos, basic.

| The latest detri code is available from:
| 	http://www.geocities.com/mucke/GeomDir/detri.html
|
| detri_2.9www.tar.gz now has clarified texts showing
| that Ernst's part of it (everything except part of basic) is free
| software!

Andreas:
We can go out now and use the detri code for geom if this helps us
in any way. We have to remove some of the "basic" code as I do not want to
go through the hassle of contacting Steve Summit.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)
FSF Europe					      (www.fsfeurope.org)