[GRASS5] grass5 build with Cygwin 1.1.2

John Huddleston huddleston at gpsr.colostate.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:34:42 EDT 2000

Grass developers,

I upgraded the Cygwin compiler to the most recent 1.1.2
and built Grass5 using the July 25, 2000 source.   (Markus,
it has been uploaded and is 26,981,031 bytes.)

Couple notes for your Gmakefiles:  1) do not add libraries
on a link line after the $(XDRLIB) $(MATHLIB); please add
them before these;   2) do not remove #ifdef __CYGWIN__
and/or #ifndef __CYGWIN__ lines and their encapsulated
lines from source code (one example was that someone
removed drand48 definition.)

If you do not understand how CVS works, ask first before
deleting.

The configure and make are getting better; thanks to whomever
is working on that.

The documents/compile_ grass_with_wincygnus.txt has been
updated.   There are many more details for compiling than
are in that document; I find out each time that I upgrade
my system.   Mostly they are header files and libraries
which come standard on regular "Unix" systems but not
under Cygwin.

John Huddleston, P.E.
Computer Engineer
USDA - NRCS