[GRASS5] datum support in GRASS

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon Jul 17 18:22:19 EDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:26:25AM +0200, Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG wrote:
> Hmmm... I'm working with agriculture involved people, and for
> precision farming : they want a precision up to 10 cm or less.

I agree.  I didn't say much before because I'm not a professional GIS,
merely a hacker finding uses for GRASS.  I live in outback Australia
and the main uses for GRASS out here are at that sort of scale, when
tied to yield mapping of wheat fields and so forth.

All I've done so far has been fence mapping and emu laying sites.  If we
needed to be able to find a site again and still see the eggs we'd need
to be within two metres; green eggs against green foliage.