[GRASS5] release critical bugs

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 11:19:22 EDT 2000

Developers

As we are approaching the release of Beta 8, I am taking this
opportunity to point out a couple of bugs I am aware of relating to the
work I have been doing (and others).

1) The v.out.shape man page is not properly formatted and isn't
correctly rendered by man2cat. This goes back to the html page which has
tables and so isn't properly converted by g.html2man. I am now working
to correct these problems.

2) v.in.shape has been altered to include postgres support. But it now
depends on libpq-fe.h and other headers which will be absent on a system
without postgres, so it won't compile there. I would have to merge the
previous version back into the main tree and move the current version to
the src.garden/grass.postgresql directory, or (preferably) use
conditional defines to isolate the optional code in v.in.shape, so that
it will compile without the postgres options on a system that doesn't
have postgres installed. What do you think? Do we have a define variable
I could use for this currently available (I don't see anything in
config.h)?

Others...

I now have the up-to-date tree and successfully compiled the current
snapshot without problem, except for ....

r.tiff: Gmakefile seems to lack -ljpeg at link

r.out.png: Gmakefile seems to lack -lnetpbm at link. This is a
persistent problem I have been having, but apparently it doesn't affect
most people. Has anyone else noticed it?

Both these compile OK if the appropriate links are inserted.

David