[GRASS5] ring routines revisited

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 15:01:31 EDT 2000

Developers

In a recent posting I proposed to adjust the routines
Vect_get_area_points() and Vect_get_isle_points(). In place of that I
have now uploaded two similar routines Vect_get_unique_area_points() and
Vect_get_unique_isle_points(), which produce a ring from the exterior
boundary edges of a polygon, but without duplicating the points at the
junction.

The old routines are still there. However I can't think of any good
reason why the junction points (at nodes) should be duplicated in a
ring, so unless anyone knows of a routine that specifically needs that
feature, the old routines could be deleted, and the new ones renamed
(only v.out.shape depends on the new routines so far).

David