[GRASS5] s.in.garmin.sh, v.in.garmin.sh

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Jul 11 17:35:24 EDT 2000

Hi all,

i checked in two shell/awk scripts to import gps waypoints, routes and
tracks from Garmin receivers into GRASS (in sites lists or binary vector
files).

You can get the scripts from src/scripts/contrib/s.in.garmin.sh and
src/scripts/contrib/v.in.garmin.sh directories. A html page, a man page
and module files for tcltkgrass are in the directories html/html,
man/man1 and src/tcltkgrass/modules. Should build without problems if
you update from the CVS.

You need the external program gpstrans from Carsten Tschach to use both
scripts. You can get the program from
http://www.metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/science/cartography .

This is only a sort of prototype for the functionality i'll provide with
a stand-alone program (s.in.garmin and v.in.garmin). No checks are done
that the projection and map datum of the GRASS location are the same as
with the gpstrans settings. Please check yourself and configure gpstrans
(with the -s option) so that projection and datum match (use DDD, UTM or
GKK format with gpstrans, lat/lon or tmerc projection with GRASS and
wgs84 for map datum).

If you have problems or find bugs please contact me. Please tell me your
suggestions for the interface and functionality for the new grass
program.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net